Saturday, February 25, 2012

Crazy Week...

So last weekend, I left to go to an overnight intercollegiate retreat with my fellow Newman Center friends. It was a good time, and I got to see some of the people I met last year at the same time. I made new friends, watched the sunrise from the top of a hill, climbed the wall of a ravine at least 150 feet tall, and stared out over a lake while relaxing in some woods. The one thing about those retreats is I don't sleep more than a couple hours the night I am there...

So in the end, I returned to campus exhausted, and with the beginnings of a cold and a not so fun week. I spent the next day recovering while doing homework and studying for a test I had Monday. Monday shows up, and my cold is in full swing. I go take my test, then return to my room and crash for the rest of the day, only getting up for food and other needs. Tuesday is my work day and I sleep until I have to go in to work. Tutoring is so much fun. :)  So Wednesday morning there was a blackout, and my alarm doesn't get me up in time for my class, and I end up reading "The Hunger Games," which I just finished the other day (It is an awesome book!). So now I cannot wait to read the second. But I miss most of my classes all week due to my cold, and I'm just getting over it. My homework load is terrible, and I barely have any free time, so no more water polo...

So now I'm just relaxing while I break between homework pieces. One of my friends found an amazing youtube violinist, and I so want to learn the music she plays. Not to mention my roommate is kicking me out of the room tonight... Damn sex-isling.

signing off.

J. Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment