Sunday, July 22, 2012

New Day

Sunday was a rather interesting day. July 3rd I passed my road test, so I now have my license. June 20th, I was hired to work at a Dunkin Donuts and have been enjoying the pay and hours.

So with that background information, I can continue with Sunday's events. The usual mass at 11 am was nothing special, but afterwards I met up with one of my best friend's girlfriend. It was a little odd, but at the same time we don't really know each other that well, so it gave us a chance to 'bond' for lack of a better word. Note that my friend and this girl have been together for two years.

Well long story short, she has a matchmaking concept about her, and really wants to find me the 'right girl' for me, and hook me up with someone. So Sunday was spent shopping at the local mall and picking out some new clothes, shoes, and accessories for my new wardrobe. This came down to a couple pairs of shoes, about six shirts, three pairs of shorts, a straw fedora, and a hair cut to top it all off. It all came out really nice, though my hair is shorter than I would like it right now, but what can you do. I've learned that arguing with a girl is beyond hope, unless you know the exact right way to say no.

The test run with everything went well (I changed into some of the new stuff, and we went to some other places) and I got several compliments. I got home, and ended up changing again for work. While there I got to work with a great person who closes the store with no problem, and no hassling from my end. We both work to get the store ready to close, and don't have to check on what the other is doing. At one point he had asked me if I wanted him to hook me up with one of the regular customers there. Not sure why he felt the need to ask that, but it's the thought that counts, I guess.

Chillen' out and having fun;

J. Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment