Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hematology Morphology!

Back for yet another installment. Today I went to the hematologist's office to determine what is going on with my blood. As part of my medication procedure, I am required to get blood drawn every three months. Well, on the last visit to the doctor's I had for my colitis, they were concerned about my fluctuating white blood cell count. So assigning me a hematologist, I went to discover what they had to say. Based on the facts from past blood tests, they could only conclude that it was due to the medications, but just to be sure they order another set of blood tests (this time taking about 500 mL). So now I must wait another week to get the results.

So that was the first part of my day, funny it took place at 4:30 this afternoon. The second and last part of my day is none other than "Doctor Who!" Now I have know about the series from Britain for years now. My dad introduced me to it when Tom Baker was the Doctor. After a while of searching, we found all that we could, and though I was a little kid, I kept searching for new episodes that never were going to exist. Eventually I gave up the search figuring that it was hopeless, until one visit from my brother three years ago when he showed me the revamped "Doctor Who."

The show was amazing, and seemed so much cooler since it was more modern. Since the restart, there have been three new Doctors. Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, and Matt Smith. Out of the three Tennant is my favorite, with Smith pulling a mild second. This evening I was on the verge of tears as I watched the final episode starring Tennant as the Doctor. His regeneration to Smith was devastating, and required the massive crash to change the look. As I began to regard Smith's characterization of the Doctor, I found a new appreciation for him, but he will never replace my Doctor Tennant.

To sum this up, I will end with a quote that says what all fans of David were thinking and the feelings he spoke of in an interview, "I don't want to go."

Enjoy the time we are given, and bring happiness to others!

No comments:

Post a Comment